I presented a short talk about earthquakes and tsunamis along the Cascadia subduction zone in Oregon. This presentation was given to the Rotary Club in Silverton, OR on Monday June 22, 2015.
Here is the digital presentation file. (150 MB pptx file).
Here is an educational video about Cascadia subduction zone earthquakes and tsunamis.
Here are some links to other online resources about the Cascadia subduction zone:
- Living on Shaky Ground: Preparing for the next Cascadia subduction zone earthquake and tsunami
- USGS: Atwater et al. (2005): The Orphan Tsunami
- USGS: Prehistoric Earthquakes along the Cascadia subduction zone: Goldfinger et al. (2012): The Turbidite Record
- Tsunami Hazard Maps for the entire state of Oregon: Oregon Tsunami Hazard Mitigation Program
- NOAA Center for Tsunami Research: Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory: http://nctr.pmel.noaa.gov/animate.html
Here is an animation showing the Holocene record of earthquakes along the Cascadia subduction zone (Goldfinger et al., 2012).
Here is an animation of a Cascadia subduction zone earthquake generated tsunami.
Here are some other novel tsunami simulation animations, including with some examples in northern California (Humboldt Bay).